- Steel and Development
Steel Safety Day
The steel industry is at the base of other industries and manufactures. It creates quality jobs and multiplies employment through its value chain. It encourages technological development and promotes learning. >>
- Steel and life quality
- Steel and environment
- Steel and innovation
Present in history
Steel has been part of the technological revolutions throughout the human history: tools of the Iron Age, weapons of the Middle Ages, machines of the Industrial Revolution. Looking ahead, steel plays a decisive role. >>
Steel and the future
- CEO ArcelorMittal Long Carbon Americas
- MBA Finance and Marketing, Universidad Austral Argentina
- Metallurgical Engineer, Universidad Federal Fluminense.
Jefferson de Paula (Brazil)
- CEO and Vice Chairman of the Board, Ternium Siderar.
- Vice Chairman of Argentina's Steel Chamber.
- Member of the Regency Council of the Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA).
- Member of the Advisory Council of the NGO “Un Techo para mi País” (“A roof for my country”).
- Industrial Engineer, Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA), class of 1981.
- Master in Sciences of Management, Standford University.
Martín Berardi (Argentina)
- CEO, CAP Group (Chile)
- Member of the Board, Invercap SA (Chile)
- Member of the Board, CIntac SA (Chile)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Minnesota (USA)
- Degree in Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Fernando Reitich (Chile)
- President of Siderúrgica Venezolana SIVENSA, S.A.
- Industrial Engineer, Catholic University Andrés Bello (Venezuela).
- Metallurgical Engineer, Universidad Católica de Rio de Janeiro.
Oscar Augusto Machado Koeneke (Venezuela)
- General Director, Deacero
- Vice President of the National Chamber of the Iron and Steel Industry (Canacero, Mexico)
- Chairman of the Steel Museum Horno3
- Industrial Engineer, Purdue University
Raúl Gutiérrez Muguerza (Mexico)
- CEO, Ternium
- Member of the Committee of Economic Studies and member of the Board, World Steel Association.
- Member of the Advisory Board, Sloan School of Business, Stanford University
- Industrial Engineer, University of Buenos Aires
- Master of Science in Management, Stanford University
- Executive education: Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (A.O.T.S.) (Japan), Sloan School of Management at M.I.T. and Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Daniel Novegil (Argentina)
- Is Senior Vice President of Vallourec Group in South America (includes Vallourec & Sumitomo Tubos Brasil - VSB) and Member of the Management Committee of the Vallourec Group.
- Is General Director (CEO) of the companies Vallourec in Brazil since 2009 and has 25 years of experience in the steel industry.
- Is a Metallurgical Engineer and a Master's Degree in Materials Science at the Military Engineering Institute of Rio de Janeiro (IME-RJ)
- Is PhD in Metallurgy from the Technical University of Aachen, Germany.
- Since June 2016, he is President of the Board of Directors of the Steel Institute Brazil.
Alexandre de Campos Lyra (Brazil)
- Executive Vice President, member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Gerdau.
- Is responsible for Gerdau’s Special Steel Business Division (units in Brazil, North America and India) and also for the Long Steel Business Division in South America.
- He is a Board member on the American Chamber of Commerce in Sao Paulo and of Alacero. He holds a Law degree from Unisinos University (Brazil) and an MBA from Kellogg School of Management (United States).
Guilherme C. Gerdau Johannpeter (Uuguay)