- Steel and Development
Steel Safety Day
The steel industry is at the base of other industries and manufactures. It creates quality jobs and multiplies employment through its value chain. It encourages technological development and promotes learning. >>
- Steel and life quality
- Steel and environment
- Steel and innovation
Present in history
Steel has been part of the technological revolutions throughout the human history: tools of the Iron Age, weapons of the Middle Ages, machines of the Industrial Revolution. Looking ahead, steel plays a decisive role. >>
Steel and the future
Máximo Vedoya is the CEO of Ternium, one of the leading steel companies in the Americas, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: TX). Ternium had annual sales
of US $ 11,500 million in 2018, and has 20,800 employees.
Máximo Vedoya is the President of the Latin American Steel Association (Alacero), President of the National Chamber of the Iron and Steel Industry (Canacero) in Mexico, Vice President of the Chamber of the Industry of Transformation (Caintra) Nuevo León and Vice President of the Confederation of Industrial Chambers (Concamin).
Since 1992 he has held various positions in the areas of Planning, Sales, Exports and Commercial, in the Ternium companies in Argentina and Venezuela. In 2010 he assumed the Executive Presidency of Ternium Región Andina (Colombia), in 2012 he assumed the position of Executive President of Ternium Mexico, and on March 1, 2018 he was appointed CEO of Ternium.
He graduated as an Industrial Engineer from the Technological Institute of Buenos Aires (Argentina) and studied the Master of Science with a specialty in Administration (Master of Science in Management) at Stanford University (E.E.U.U.).Tweets by MaximoVedoya
Máximo Vedoya (Mexico)
- Former president of Alacero (2016-2018)
- CEO ArcelorMittal Long Carbon Americas
- MBA Finance and Marketing, Universidad Austral Argentina
- Metallurgical Engineer, Universidad Federal Fluminense.
Jefferson de Paula (Brazil)
- Chairman and General Director, Ternium Argentina.
- Chairman of Argentina's Steel Chamber.
- Member of the Administration Council of the Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA).
- Member of the Advisory Council of the NGO “Un Techo para mi País” (“A roof for my country”).
- Industrial Engineer, Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA), class of 1981.
- Master in Sciences of Management, Standford University.
Martín Berardi (Argentina)
- 23 years of experience, with 14 years in Gerdau. Holds the positions of (i) Executive Director – Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, (ii), member of the board of the Instituto Aço Brasil (Brazilian Steel Institute), (iii) President of the CBCA – Brazilian Institute for Steel Construction, (iv) member of the board of FIESP/ Concic - Superior Council of the Federation of Industries of the State of São Paulo, civil construction committee (v) member of the board of Abramat – Brazilian Association of Construction Material Producers.
- He is Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR), with a MBA from Manchester Business School (UK) and has studied Corporate Finance at FGV/ ISAE.
Marcos Faraco Wahrhaftig (Brazil)
- Is a Business Administrator graduated from the University of Kansas and also holds a degree in top management of J.L. Kellogg School of Business in Chicago.
- Since 2013, he serves as Corporate President of the Group with responsibility for the operations in Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama and Puerto Rico, and the distribution centers in other Central American countries.
- He has served on the Boards of Directors of the National Association of Entrepreneurs ANDI in Colombia, the Board of Centro Fundesarrollo in Barranquilla and is currently a board member of Alacero.
Carlos Arturo Zuluaga (Colombia)
- CEO CAP ACERO.
- Electronic Engineer and Industrial Engineer diploma from University of Concepción, Concepción, Chile.
- Since 1988 has held different positions within CAP Group, mainly in its steelmaking division, like maintenance, industrial engineering and logistic and planning.
- Between 2017 and 2018, Executive VP of Corporate Planning in CAP Group.
- Board member in different nonprofit organizations in Concepción City.
Rodrigo Briceño (Chile)
- General Director, Deacero
- Vice President of the National Chamber of the Iron and Steel Industry (Canacero, Mexico)
- Chairman of the Steel Museum Horno3
- Industrial Engineer, Purdue University
Raúl Gutiérrez Muguerza (Mexico)
Gustavo has been CEO of Gerdau since January 2018. Previously, he led Gerdau Aços Brasil, the Company's main business in the country. He has been in the Company since 2004, having held several strategic positions, such as Corporate Information Technology Officer (CIO) Industrial of Gerdau India and Industrial Director of Gerdau Aços Especiais.
Gustavo Werneck (Brasil)