- Steel and Development
Steel Safety Day
The steel industry is at the base of other industries and manufactures. It creates quality jobs and multiplies employment through its value chain. It encourages technological development and promotes learning. >>
- Steel and life quality
- Steel and environment
- Steel and innovation
Present in history
Steel has been part of the technological revolutions throughout the human history: tools of the Iron Age, weapons of the Middle Ages, machines of the Industrial Revolution. Looking ahead, steel plays a decisive role. >>
Steel and the future
- CEO ArcelorMittal Long Carbon Americas
- MBA Finance and Marketing, Universidad Austral Argentina
- Metallurgical Engineer, Universidad Federal Fluminense.
Jefferson de Paula (Brazil)
- CEO and Vice Chairman of the Board, Ternium Siderar.
- Vice Chairman of Argentina's Steel Chamber.
- Member of the Regency Council of the Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA).
- Member of the Advisory Council of the NGO “Un Techo para mi País” (“A roof for my country”).
- Industrial Engineer, Institute of Technology of Buenos (ITBA), class of 1981.
- Master in Sciences of Management, Standford University.
Martín Berardi (Argentina)
- CEO, CAP Group (Chile)
- Member of the Board, Invercap SA (Chile)
- Member of the Board, CIntac SA (Chile)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Minnesota (USA)
- Degree in Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Fernando Reitich (Chile)
- Is a Business Administrator graduated from the University of Kansas and also holds a degree in top management of J.L. Kellogg School of Business in Chicago.
- Since 2013, he serves as Corporate President of the Group with responsibility for the operations in Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama and Puerto Rico, and the distribution centers in other Central American countries.
- He has served on the Boards of Directors of the National Association of Entrepreneurs ANDI in Colombia, the Board of Centro Fundesarrollo in Barranquilla and is currently a board member of Alacero.
Carlos Arturo Zuluaga (Colombia)
- General Director, Deacero
- Vice President of the National Chamber of the Iron and Steel Industry (Canacero, Mexico)
- Chairman of the Steel Museum Horno3
- Industrial Engineer, Purdue University
Raúl Gutiérrez Muguerza (Mexico)
- Executive Vice President, member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of Gerdau.
- Is responsible for Gerdau’s Special Steel Business Division (units in Brazil, North America and India) and also for the Long Steel Business Division in South America.
- He is a Board member on the American Chamber of Commerce in Sao Paulo and of Alacero. He holds a Law degree from Unisinos University (Brazil) and an MBA from Kellogg School of Management (United States).
Guilherme C. Gerdau Johannpeter (Uuguay)
- Is Senior Vice President of Vallourec Group in South America (includes Vallourec & Sumitomo Tubos Brasil - VSB) and Member of the Management Committee of the Vallourec Group.
- Is General Director (CEO) of the companies Vallourec in Brazil since 2009 and has 25 years of experience in the steel industry.
- Is a Metallurgical Engineer and a Master's Degree in Materials Science at the Military Engineering Institute of Rio de Janeiro (IME-RJ)
- Is PhD in Metallurgy from the Technical University of Aachen, Germany.
- Since June 2016, he is President of the Board of Directors of the Steel Institute Brazil.
Alexandre de Campos Lyra (Brazil)
- Executive president of Ternium Mexico since January 2012.
- In 2004 he assumed the Commercial Management of Ternium Sidor in Venezuela, position in which he worked for four years.
- In 2008, Vedoya was appointed international and steel purchases director for the northern region at Ternium and from 2010 to 2012, he was appointed CEO of Ternium, in the Andean Region.
- Vedoya holds a Bachelor’s in industrial engineering from the Buenos Aires Institute of Technology and a Master’s in business administration from Stanford University.
Máximo Vedoya (Mexico)